My perfect day in Oman would include countless dates with coffee, but there is just so much more on the food and drink menu to explore. Let me take you for a little sensory adventure all about Omani gastronomy.
Perfumery is an art for the fragrance obsessed people of Oman. I’m introduced to the world of fine Middle Eastern perfumes through Amouage, a line of fragrances laced with the ancient aromas of frankincense and myrrh and up to 120 other natural ingredients.
The post in which I take you on a journey all about names… and my name in particular. This may or may not be interesting to you.
A reflective post on getting older and travel priorities. I think turning 30 deserves a little bit of contemplation, don’t you?
Making a list of things to do in Oman? I’ve got the one thing you can’t visit the country without doing, and it might involve some adventure, some wildlife, and definitely some sunsets.
His name is Aussie, born and raised in captivity, so I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING THIS AT HOME (the claws on those little guys are impressive). However, I do recommend paying him a visit at the lovely Tasmanian devil sanctuary, Devils@Cradle.
The first post on my recent trip to Oman – my first jaunt to the Middle East. Was I surprised I loved it so much? Definitely! Get a visual perspective in this post.
Day one of my North West Tasmania adventures takes me to the far reaches of the island… to a place known as The Edge of the World.
Coffee, nature, tipping, shipping, online shopping and overall lifestyle — I go through where Australia wins in my expat mind.
I’m going places. Here’s the post that lays out the travel plans happening in the coming weeks and months. I’m extremely excited, especially to add a new region of the world to my resume.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- Hostel Horror Stories January 7, 2013
- Australia Has Killed the Budget Traveler in Me February 18, 2013
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- So Let Me Tell You About This Cruise Tomorrow February 12, 2013
- From 4 Years Ago to 4 Years in the Future December 28, 2012
- Omani Food and Drink: Sensory Delights Await August 18, 2013
- The Fragrant Lifestyle of Oman: Perfumery August 7, 2013
- That’s a Good Dutch Name June 19, 2013
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- Brooke: Hmm... I can't remember the visa process at this ...
- Marloes: Hi Brooke, I'm planning to make the same trip...
- Brooke: Hi Daniel! yes, took a break... a long break (how...
- Brooke: Hi Cat - I wore the bag for a very long time, all ...
- DanielW: Taking a break from travel blogging? Bet you glad ...