The post in which I take you on a journey all about names… and my name in particular. This may or may not be interesting to you.
A reflective post on getting older and travel priorities. I think turning 30 deserves a little bit of contemplation, don’t you?
Making a list of things to do in Oman? I’ve got the one thing you can’t visit the country without doing, and it might involve some adventure, some wildlife, and definitely some sunsets.
His name is Aussie, born and raised in captivity, so I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING THIS AT HOME (the claws on those little guys are impressive). However, I do recommend paying him a visit at the lovely Tasmanian devil sanctuary, Devils@Cradle.
The first post on my recent trip to Oman – my first jaunt to the Middle East. Was I surprised I loved it so much? Definitely! Get a visual perspective in this post.
Day one of my North West Tasmania adventures takes me to the far reaches of the island… to a place known as The Edge of the World.
Coffee, nature, tipping, shipping, online shopping and overall lifestyle — I go through where Australia wins in my expat mind.
I’m going places. Here’s the post that lays out the travel plans happening in the coming weeks and months. I’m extremely excited, especially to add a new region of the world to my resume.
There’s something about Vegas… What would you say that is? The feeling of forgetting reality for a few days. The indulgence as you partake in buffets of tummy-filling, belt-loosening food. Pat and I got that vibe again a week ago.
It is one thing to evaluate prices for accommodation and travel in general relative to the area you are traveling in, but it is another to evaluate those in relation to the cost of living at home. I now perceive budget travel differently after living in Australia.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- Hostel Horror Stories January 7, 2013
- That’s a Good Dutch Name June 19, 2013
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Caz Makepeace: Oh yes! Totally understand all this. I think the 2...
- Lauren: I'm so sad I missed that cookie cake...This is a ...
- Tash: Ahhh, sounds like just the right about of musing f...
- Sam: An excellent post, and one I can related to a bit....
- Brooke: Thanks Laurel! We're still not sure of our itine...