February has been another great month for BvtW, and the February Express 2012 will get you up to speed very quickly! Check inside to get bits and pieces from this blog, other blogs and social media.
Archive | February, 2012
What do you get when you mix Rough Guides, World Nomads, Travelfish and a Malaysian food tour? You get the WorldNomads Travel Writing Scholarship for 2012, and this one is not only a brilliant way to get your foot in the door of a travel writing career, but also a mind-blowing escape to three of Southeast Asia’s best: Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Figueres, Spain is home to a Salvador Dali Museum, and I just had to visit. It was well worth the train trip from Barcelona to see. If you enjoy this shot, be sure to share it around. Thanks!
… Read more
Each year, Vivid Sydney lights up the city in art. Buildings become backdrops and colors are everywhere. This is a photo of a couple of friends walking towards the lights. If you like, share around!
… Read more
Now for part 2 of how Cheryl got an amazing flight deal using miles: two international round-trip tickets with a stopover during high season for just $300.
I will always be American no matter where I am in the world. But, after 3 years in Australia, and 3 years of being with an Aussie guy, I don’t really flinch when people ask me, “How ya going?” I’m in a weird place, and that’s kind of what I wanted to portray in the LAST ROUND of the Canon Island Blogger Competition.
Not everyone has the same travel dreams that I do, so finding a friend that wants to do the exact thing is just not a possibility. Instead of sitting at home and thinking that I’ll never be able to travel because I can’t get so-and-so to do it, too, I simply decided to fulfill my dreams and set off on the solo road.
I don’t do well with bugs, and spiders are the worst. I was shaking with nervousness when my Tikal guide picked this tarantula up and was trying to coax group members to hold it. NO THANKS! Share if you enjoy!
… Read more
Are air loyalty programs a bit of a mystery to you? If so, read this post where Cheryl gives the low-down on choosing the right program and earning those rewards.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- Hostel Horror Stories January 7, 2013
- That’s a Good Dutch Name June 19, 2013
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Caz Makepeace: Oh yes! Totally understand all this. I think the 2...
- Lauren: I'm so sad I missed that cookie cake...This is a ...
- Tash: Ahhh, sounds like just the right about of musing f...
- Sam: An excellent post, and one I can related to a bit....
- Brooke: Thanks Laurel! We're still not sure of our itine...