Saying that I’m having trouble focusing today is a bit of an understatement. Whether it has anything to do with yesterday’s post is not clear; it could be the impending holiday approaching (tomorrow is Australia Day down under). With that in mind, today is a day to keep it simple.
I present to you, 25 travel related things that make me happy!
1. Pressing the “Book” button on an airline’s website.
2. Strapping my pack down as small as it can go.
3. Shopping for needed supplies.
4. The click of the seatbelt on the airplane.
5. Being handed free drinks on a plane.
6. Landing, and doing it safely!
7. The smell of the fresh air in a seaside town.
8. Chatting with foreigners.
9. The colors and packaging of products when food shopping.
10. Going out to new restaurants.
11. Hostels that have free wi-fi.
12. Collecting monopoly money, or money that doesn’t look real.
13. Blogging about my trip.
14. Being greeted with an inbox of comments from my readers.
15. Seeing a city at different times of the day and night.
16. Splurging on a hotel room or nice dinner out.
17. When locals go out of their way to help.
18. The sounds of people speaking another language filling the air.
19. The architecture and history of a city’s walls.
20. The new stamps and visas in my passport.
21. The idea of my camera filling up with photos.
22. The scattering of ticket stubs and receipts in my bag.
23. Travel-sized bottles of shampoo.
24. An excuse to watch the sun rise or set.
25. The feeling of very little responsibility and stress.
These are some of the travel moments that I enjoy. Care to share some of yours?