What started out in 2006 as a simple idea of seeing the world has turned into a career, a home abroad, a love, and a couple dozen countries – pretty much an overall life-consuming and life-altering event. And guess what… the journey’s not over! Hi, my name is Brooke, and my passion is travel. I’m not rich, or brave, or extremely lucky; if I can travel the world, anyone can.
Intrigued? Subscribe to my feed to get immediate updates and tid-bits about extended rtw travel, solo female travel, language study abroad, working abroad, becoming an expat and so much more sent directly to your reader or email!
- New to the site? Get caught up by reading The Story of Brooke vs. the World.
- Be inspired. Get the low-down on my philosophy: If I Can Travel the World, Anyone Can.
- Girls, be sure to sign up for the Female Travel Underground newsletter to get loads of info on what its like to be a woman on the road. It’s also pretty funny! If you’re trying to pack your bags, have a look at Her Packing List for help.
- Connect with me via Twitter @brookeschoenman or on the official facebook page.
Some people are born travelers. I am one of those people.
I’ve become quite familiar with that nagging urge to move from place to place, and if you’ve been following along with the site, you will probably know that my plans over the past several years have changed quite a bit. I may get bored, tired, or just plain excited and feel the urge to change scenery. Or, I might find a sweet Aussie guy at a hostel in Latvia and head Down Under (which brings us to now).
- I will always have a soft-spot for Italy, but I’ve definitely got a sick obsession with the former USSR. See where I’ve been on the Maps & Itineraries page.
It’s all about the stories.
I prefer to include a piece of me in every blog post, which is why my world travel stories aren’t just the same bland tips you might find elsewhere. My blog tells about a girl living abroad in various parts of the world and all the successes and failures brought about in the process. Through my world travel stories, you can read what it was like to work as an archaeologist in Spain, study Spanish in Central America, study Russian in Kyrgyzstan, teach English in Ukraine and work as a copywriter in Australia.
- Read some of my additional work on the Article Features page.
- Read my work as a regular contributor for OneTravel Blog and as the Sydney Localite on the BBC travel blog.
This is my RTW. This is my blog.
So, here I am, blogging at Brooke vs. the World about my adventures (and life, love, and then some) on a very interesting around-the-world trip. My RTW travel blog will narrate my travels, for as long as they shall continue (I’m setting up residency in Australia, but still movin’ and shakin’ my travel thang). Join along as I wander from country to country, experiencing the world as I have been dreaming about for so long. It should be quite the ride!
- Check out other RTW Travel Blogs as well.
Want to learn even more?
Feel free at anytime to contact me with your questions. If you’re interested in partnering on an upcoming project, do not hesitate to get in touch. I’d be more than happy to toss out ideas and work towards a mutually beneficial arrangement.