I’m never going to stop talking about the Silk Roadistan Tour. Nope. It was just too interesting! So here we have some more observations from our months abroad this year.
Archive | Asia RSS feed for this section
Someone might not be very happy with me for putting this up, but I think it’s hilarious. After going through my photos today, this is the post I came up with. Enjoy!
Maybe the complaints got to be too much, or maybe our guide didn’t translate the feelings to her boss correctly. She turned to us after clicking off the phone, stating, “Ok, the tour is cancelled.” To which I replied in a rage, “You’re ruining my birthday!”
I don’t understand how people function without toilet privacy. I just don’t. It was an absolute struggle through the Silk Roadistan Tour when I had to not only deal with the dreaded squatter, but also, the squatter with no doors.
I might consider myself a little bit anal when it comes to packing, but I explain why in this new vlog. Yes, I made a video so you can see my face and hear my voice. I hope I don’t disappoint!
Where have you found your favorite hostel art? In this post, I share a hostel with some of my favorite hostel art, and then ask for you to show me yours.
Remember when I took the Trans-Mongolian train from China to Russia? Remember when I discussed why we worked with Real Russia to get those train tickets, and also the electricity situation while on-board?
You’d wander around the town wearing yourself down with the trials — like those listed above — and then walk through the big green doors for the Kashgar Old Town Youth Hostel and immediately feel at ease.
In contrast to yesterday’s wordy post, I decide to put together a little photo essay about our day having camel adventures in Mongolia. It’s chock full of photos, in case you were wondering what it’s like to be in the middle of nowhere Mongolia.
When you’re traveling long-term with limited gear in your bags and won’t be getting off a train for several days, you probably want to know a thing or two about the setup along the way… perhaps whether or not there are power outlets for you to charge your gear.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...