A reflective post on getting older and travel priorities. I think turning 30 deserves a little bit of contemplation, don’t you?
Archive | Australia RSS feed for this section
His name is Aussie, born and raised in captivity, so I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING THIS AT HOME (the claws on those little guys are impressive). However, I do recommend paying him a visit at the lovely Tasmanian devil sanctuary, Devils@Cradle.
Day one of my North West Tasmania adventures takes me to the far reaches of the island… to a place known as The Edge of the World.
Coffee, nature, tipping, shipping, online shopping and overall lifestyle — I go through where Australia wins in my expat mind.
I’m going places. Here’s the post that lays out the travel plans happening in the coming weeks and months. I’m extremely excited, especially to add a new region of the world to my resume.
There’s something about Vegas… What would you say that is? The feeling of forgetting reality for a few days. The indulgence as you partake in buffets of tummy-filling, belt-loosening food. Pat and I got that vibe again a week ago.
It is one thing to evaluate prices for accommodation and travel in general relative to the area you are traveling in, but it is another to evaluate those in relation to the cost of living at home. I now perceive budget travel differently after living in Australia.
Going on my first ever cruise tomorrow on the Carnival Spirit. We’re heading all the way down to Melbourne on a 3-night tour. Super excited!
As you all know, applying for the Australian partner visa has been a huge topic on my blog, and also a subject of interest for many of those reading. A little over 2 years ago, I put in my huge stack of papers for the initial process.
Hey readers! I filmed another vlog post, and this time it answers the question I get from readers quite often about the partner visa here in Australia. There is one key piece of advice everyone must remember. What is that? Read on to find out.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- Hostel Horror Stories January 7, 2013
- Australia Has Killed the Budget Traveler in Me February 18, 2013
- From 4 Years Ago to 4 Years in the Future December 28, 2012
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- So Let Me Tell You About This Cruise Tomorrow February 12, 2013
- Omani Food and Drink: Sensory Delights Await August 18, 2013
- The Fragrant Lifestyle of Oman: Perfumery August 7, 2013
- That’s a Good Dutch Name June 19, 2013
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- Brooke: Hmm... I can't remember the visa process at this ...
- Marloes: Hi Brooke, I'm planning to make the same trip...
- Brooke: Hi Daniel! yes, took a break... a long break (how...
- Brooke: Hi Cat - I wore the bag for a very long time, all ...
- DanielW: Taking a break from travel blogging? Bet you glad ...