Living in someone else’s house is never easy (at least for me) — something I am yet again discovering at this very moment. I find myself peeking around corners and double checking that I’m not doing something that might be out of the ordinary for the household, and it adds a bit of stress.
Archive | Guatemala RSS feed for this section
With language lessons, I was forced to be introduced to a culture each and everyday. Our teachers would take us out to excursions, and share their family dishes. It was easy because it was part of the program, so that meant there wasn’t any awkward breaking the ice that would come with finding randoms on the street.
Tell me: what have you always wanted to do… Read more? Where have you wanted to go? Why aren’t you doing it now?
If you’re here, traveling the world is probably something on your mind. Maybe it’s amazing and unreal, almost unattainable, but let me tell you that it’s not. Whether you want to enjoy your holidays in Spain or journey
Who do I know that you know?… Read more Normally, I wouldn’t think to ask this question except there have now been several — almost freaky — incidents where I’ve come to meet someone in some random part of the world to find out they have encountered someone I know. It is a small freakin’ world, people, and the more I travel,
Oh, coffee.… Read more We have a love-hate relationship, you and me. Sometimes, I drink too much of you; you make my hands shake and my stomach hurt. Other times, I drink a bit and I’m more productive than I could ever be, writing a zillion words per minute and staying on task. I love you, and I hate you; still you
Being January 1st, your assumptions that I have a massive New Year’s headache and want nothing more than a slurpee and movies on the computer to make me happy are correct. Still, I’m in a reflective mood despite my current situation. It struck me that last night was my 4th consecutive year abroad for New Year’s Eve, and I wonder … Read more
In one of my conversation clubs in school here in Ukraine, I asked my students what the best year of their life has been. Questions like these, followed with a simple, “Why?”, are a great way to get them all to talk (my main goal for my classes), while also killing a ton of class time. However, a lot of… Read more
I just received an email from the director of the Guatemalensis… Read more language school in Xela, Guatemala about a warning for the Tajumulco volcano area that might be of interest to those planning to travel down south. The Tajumulco volcano is the highest point in Guatemala and often frequented by tourists.
The U.S. Embassy in Guatemala reports the following:
There are a few things in life that make me immediately happy, and drinking a nice diet cola is one of them. I don’t know what it is exactly, but when I get a taste of that carbonated fake-sweetened water, I feel as though my frown turns upside down. But, what’s a girl to do when some place doesn’t offer… Read more
El fin del viaje. After Copan, the end of the trip was inevitably drawing near. It sounds silly to say this, but we felt as though we had come full circle, in more ways than one. Not only were we exiting out of the same city we had arrived in nearly 8 weeks before, but this time our perspective of… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...