I’m never going to stop talking about the Silk Roadistan Tour. Nope. It was just too interesting! So here we have some more observations from our months abroad this year.
Archive | Kyrgyzstan RSS feed for this section
Someone might not be very happy with me for putting this up, but I think it’s hilarious. After going through my photos today, this is the post I came up with. Enjoy!
I don’t understand how people function without toilet privacy. I just don’t. It was an absolute struggle through the Silk Roadistan Tour when I had to not only deal with the dreaded squatter, but also, the squatter with no doors.
I might consider myself a little bit anal when it comes to packing, but I explain why in this new vlog. Yes, I made a video so you can see my face and hear my voice. I hope I don’t disappoint!
Because Pat was looking all scrubby after a month on the road, I had to get roped in, too.
My realization on why I may love Bishkek so much. When put into perspective, Bishkek is a modern, easy-going Central Asian city. I just didn’t know how much until we hit Kashgar in the west of China.
Just when you thought I couldn’t talk about horse milk any more, I go and drop a bombshell. I tell of my discovery of horse milk tourism in this post and how, yes, it is a real thing.
In Kyrgyzstan, they imbibe gritty drinks like shoro, eat old dried out yogurt balls called kurut, and they also down the horse milk. Fermented horse milk. You read that right.
“But isn’t bride-napping illegal?” I ask my English speaking car mates in Osh. The more eloquent speaker of the two shrugs slash nods at the same time. “Yes… but it is tradition.”
When I watched Pat try one of those “street drinks” that are ever so popular in Kyrgyzstan, the very same one I had tried back in 2008, I couldn’t help but laugh at his misfortune.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- Hostel Horror Stories January 7, 2013
- Australia Has Killed the Budget Traveler in Me February 18, 2013
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- So Let Me Tell You About This Cruise Tomorrow February 12, 2013
- From 4 Years Ago to 4 Years in the Future December 28, 2012
- Omani Food and Drink: Sensory Delights Await August 18, 2013
- The Fragrant Lifestyle of Oman: Perfumery August 7, 2013
- That’s a Good Dutch Name June 19, 2013
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- Brooke: Hmm... I can't remember the visa process at this ...
- Marloes: Hi Brooke, I'm planning to make the same trip...
- Brooke: Hi Daniel! yes, took a break... a long break (how...
- Brooke: Hi Cat - I wore the bag for a very long time, all ...
- DanielW: Taking a break from travel blogging? Bet you glad ...