Forget crowded, backpacker overrun Thailand, Malaysia has the tropical climate, cheap prices, and food that scream “holiday getaway”. Penang in particular is one of the more touristy parts of Malaysia. Here are some of the things you can do if you were to take a trip to Penang.
Archive | Malaysia RSS feed for this section
My 2011 has been quite the adventure with several overseas trips and a couple of big ones here in Australia. In this post, I lay out what has happened in my 2011 travel life. Have a read, and then share yours!
Earlier this year, I was a Malaysia Kitchen Blogger Ambassador. This is my round-up of posts from the experience, plus a little bit extra here and there. If you have no idea what Malaysian food is like, do click on!
Malaysian food is quickly becoming one of the hottest types of food around the Sydney area particularly because of its unique mix of spices and colors. It is food that you can eat with your eyes just as much with your mouth.
I was chosen as a Malaysia Kitchen Blogger Ambassador… Read more here in Sydney in order to help spread the
If you travel Malaysia, you can expect cheap, and cheap is what we love as backpackers! One of my favorite parts of my trip was converting the price tag to a dollar equivalent and relishing the ability to get so much for so little.
But, you can do Malaysia in two ways: ultimate budget or ultimate value for your money.… Read more
Ever wonder what a 120 year old bottle of rum tastes like? Don’t we all?… Read more
Yesterday I was brought face-to-face, or better yet glass to lip, with probably the most expensive swig of rum I will ever have in my life. Or maybe I’m underselling my future a bit. Perhaps I’ll have more of this luxurious rum tasting in my
Living in Malaysia is overall quite cheap, and I’ve talked about this point a bit so far… Read more. There are $4 movies, $2 dinners, $1 popcorns at the movies… they’re all cheap and fun, unless you like to end that fun with beer (or any alcohol for that matter).
When it comes to drinking Malaysia, the beers out at pubs
For my boyfriend and his family, a trip to Malaysia entails three things: visiting relatives, eating and shopping. This generally isn’t my normal idea of a holiday because I don’t have relatives abroad and I don’t have the money to spend on shopping (or at least I don’t allocate the money to that sphere). Eating… Read more – I love it –
We arrived back in Sydney after an overnight flight from Kuala Lumpur, which of course we got little to no sleep on. So, for the rest of the day we all walked around in a zombie state just waiting for night to roll around so we could try to get back on a normal schedule.
A normal schedule for Pat… Read more
I’ve stated before that I’m not really big on Malaysian food as a whole because, well, they like to put seafood or prawn flavor in just about anything, even my chicken soup. I find it really difficult to explain to seafood likers that this is a big issue for me, and for Pat, I have to threaten the idea of… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Melissa Adams: Ok, you've convinced me. I'm never going Down Un...
- Megan: I love it when people love Tassie. The North-West ...
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...