I’m never going to stop talking about the Silk Roadistan Tour. Nope. It was just too interesting! So here we have some more observations from our months abroad this year.
Archive | Mongolia RSS feed for this section
I don’t understand how people function without toilet privacy. I just don’t. It was an absolute struggle through the Silk Roadistan Tour when I had to not only deal with the dreaded squatter, but also, the squatter with no doors.
Remember when I took the Trans-Mongolian train from China to Russia? Remember when I discussed why we worked with Real Russia to get those train tickets, and also the electricity situation while on-board?
In contrast to yesterday’s wordy post, I decide to put together a little photo essay about our day having camel adventures in Mongolia. It’s chock full of photos, in case you were wondering what it’s like to be in the middle of nowhere Mongolia.
When you’re traveling long-term with limited gear in your bags and won’t be getting off a train for several days, you probably want to know a thing or two about the setup along the way… perhaps whether or not there are power outlets for you to charge your gear.
Thinking about taking a train trip through Russia? Find out why we chose to work with Real Russia to help us plan our trip of a lifetime: a journey on the Trans-Mongolian railway.
Perhaps the most hard hit on the Mongolian adventure was poor Patrick, and not because he had to suffer a short bout of food poisoning in the middle of it, but more because he realized, that in a Mongolian person’s eyes, he was not a man.
As you all know, a big part of the Silk Roadistan tour was the big bad Trans-Mongolian railway journey. Before you ask: Yes, it was awesome. I plan to blog thoroughly about the trip in detail, but just to get you caught up, here is the atypical Trans-Mongolian railway route.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...