In one of my conversation clubs in school here in Ukraine, I asked my students what the best year of their life has been. Questions like these, followed with a simple, “Why?”, are a great way to get them all to talk (my main goal for my classes), while also killing a ton of class time. However, a lot of… Read more
Archive | Poland RSS feed for this section
Traveling in 2nd and 3rd world countries the past couple of months made me realize how much I love a good transportation system – you know, where a 20 minute flight doesn’t translate into a 12 hour drive. The few treacherously long journeys in southern Mexico left me feeling hot, tired, and nauseous, and without the help of some pink… Read more
I’ve always heard it’s the people you meet that make traveling great.
Wroclaw is a town that, unless you’re a college student looking to go out, doesn’t have much to offer the casual tourist, such as myself. Beyond the few hours I spent between the Panorama of Raclawicka (very interesting/controversial circular… Read more/3D painting) and the national art museum, the few
Normally, if I heard that someone was serving HOT wine, I would run away as fast as I can. The same goes with hot beer, or hot soda, for that matter. Ew, right? However, when you see something on every menu in town, you start to get a little curious.
“Give me a hot wine!” I said to the waitress… Read more
After the horror that was my two days in Lublin, Krakow appeared as nothing more than a peaceful dream. Ok, maybe not too peaceful. There were those EIGHT Spanish guys in my room, and there were those two girls who were happy that some guy randomly spiked their drinks in Hungary (really?! are they still smiling looking back at that?!).… Read more
Arriving in Krakow was no other than a joyous occassion. After dealing with the feeling of being a lonely outsider in Lublin, the familiar sound of the English word on every street corner in Krakow was oh-so-sweet. Seriously, the only word I got in English from the 2 days prior was “5 o’clock” when I got this mysterious “5 o’clock.… Read more
Note: If anyone needs a mime in their next movie or play, sign me up! … Read more
I have now mastered the art of pointing and gesturing for things I need to survive while in Poland. The other day in Lublin, I went to a delikatessy and pointed to a random pastry in the window. It reminded me of something that
It all started in the airport in Dublin. I turned the corner and there was this guy, that from afar, had the same facial shape, skin tone, and body structure as Brian. It was one of those things where you have to take a second look to know it is in fact not that person. There was also a spotting… Read more
You should have seen the sea of green I flew in on. Unknowingly, I picked to fly into Warsaw on Aer Lingus with a plane change in Dublin on none other than St. Paddy’s Day. Sometimes I couldn’t even tell if there was a person in the seat because their clothes were green, the cushions were green… green… Read more
Funny you should ask. I have been very, very busy as of the last 2 weeks. Brian and I drove all the way to New York, strategically calculating how best to avoid the approaching winter storms. Luckily, we stayed ahead of the fronts the entire journey. After laughing at state advertising, my boredom on the two-day drive set in. It… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...