A post in which I confess my unease with having such a non-glamorous non-travel life. Also, how much I want a puppy!
Archive | Post-Travel RSS feed for this section
You take your time carefully saving and planning for every aspect of a journey; you apply for your visas weeks in advance. Every moment of freedom is longed for… for… days? weeks? months? YEARS? And then, suddenly, it’s over.
In the grand scheme of things, I haven’t really had this hit me too hard… Read more with my travels mainly because my
At this point in my life, I’ve done my fair share of travels. I’ve done a bit of everything: worked as an archaeologist on my Spain holidays, studied Spanish on my Guatemala holidays, took a long stab at Russian in Kyrgyzstan and became a teacher for a while in Ukraine… Read more. My life has been blessed with experiences and memories
“Did I just say that?” I thought to myself.
The first time the words came out of my mouth in Bishkek, I couldn’t believe they were mine. That was when my pal, Erica, turned to me and said, “Why can’t you? If going home right now is what you need or want in order to be happy, then just do… Read more
Two years ago I seriously started thinking about long-term travel – seriously in the sense that I deemed the money in my bank account solely for the purpose of the “big trip”, set a date, and started planning where to go. I recently came across the traveler pre-trip profile on bootsnall.com and thought it was interesting to look back and… Read more
Was not leaving 110 degree weather
Was not leaving dust storms
Was not leaving behind a crazy landlady
Was not having to take another marshrutka ride
Was not packing up the apartment
Was not saying goodbye to the language school… Read more
Was not getting reacquainted with my comfortable, big bed
Was not eating delicious home cooked food
Was not having unlimited
El fin del viaje. After Copan, the end of the trip was inevitably drawing near. It sounds silly to say this, but we felt as though we had come full circle, in more ways than one. Not only were we exiting out of the same city we had arrived in nearly 8 weeks before, but this time our perspective of… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...