When you work up until the departure date, have to move out of an apartment, and visit with family and friends — all right before setting off for 3.5 months — it can be a little stressful. It doesn’t help with stuff like this happens, too! Read on to find out more.
Archive | Pre-Travel RSS feed for this section
Pat and I are about to embark on an epic trip together, and we realise this fact. Only twelve short days separate us from our desks in Sydney and a business class flight with lay-flat seats across half the globe.
Saving enough money to travel the world can be a stressful process, and for some, it just causes too much anxiety to even give it a try. I cover some helpful tips and inspiration in this post, so have a read and get to saving!
Now that it’s the end of January (pretty much), I guess it’s time to start talking about my future travels that are actually coming up quite quickly! This trip includes Turkey, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, China, Russia, Mongolia and a tiny bit of Thailand.
I walked with a purpose towards the line that said “business class”. My peripheral vision had decided to stop working now that I had been in transit for at least 24 hours, and Frankfurt airport was the place where I had to pick up my last boarding pass before heading on to Istanbul. With my peripheral vision no longer working,… Read more
I bought the Istanbul section of the Turkey Lonely Planet, and have yet to look at it. I booked a hostel for the first night in the city, and I have no idea how to get there. I know when my flights will be landing; I know when they should be departing.
I can’t believe it is already the last day of the month of September! October starts tomorrow and that is a time in Australia when more and more individuals find themselves outdoors. But I’m heading out towards the end of the month, on a trip I am both excited and nervous about.
In the past year, I’ve learned a lot about pitching, more specifically about pitching article topics to various websites. While I still find the process one of the most frustrating when I’m just lacking any new ideas, it has become a whole heck of a lot easier, which is great considering it is part of the way I make some… Read more
I am thinking of Thursday. I am setting foot on a plane and starting the journey to Malaysia. I am calm. I relax, try to take a nap, have a little bottle of wine and maybe read a book. I am utterly calm.
That’s when I love travel. It was mentioned in my post on epic train journeys not being … Read more
Did you know that I’m taking a photo and writing a blog post for every day of my 2011?! Subscribe via email to follow along.… Read more
Since I don’t have much else to do in the world of travel besides reminisce about past travels or think about future travel plans, I am at this moment doing the latter. I find it
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...