I’m never going to stop talking about the Silk Roadistan Tour. Nope. It was just too interesting! So here we have some more observations from our months abroad this year.
Archive | Soviet Travel RSS feed for this section
Someone might not be very happy with me for putting this up, but I think it’s hilarious. After going through my photos today, this is the post I came up with. Enjoy!
Art, grand staircases, columns, high ceilings, crown molding, gold trim. The State Hermitage Museum is everything you’d expect from over-the-top Russia, but what exactly caught most of my attention? Read on, friends.
Remember when I took the Trans-Mongolian train from China to Russia? Remember when I discussed why we worked with Real Russia to get those train tickets, and also the electricity situation while on-board?
When you’re traveling long-term with limited gear in your bags and won’t be getting off a train for several days, you probably want to know a thing or two about the setup along the way… perhaps whether or not there are power outlets for you to charge your gear.
Thinking about taking a train trip through Russia? Find out why we chose to work with Real Russia to help us plan our trip of a lifetime: a journey on the Trans-Mongolian railway.
Because Pat was looking all scrubby after a month on the road, I had to get roped in, too.
My realization on why I may love Bishkek so much. When put into perspective, Bishkek is a modern, easy-going Central Asian city. I just didn’t know how much until we hit Kashgar in the west of China.
Just when you thought I couldn’t talk about horse milk any more, I go and drop a bombshell. I tell of my discovery of horse milk tourism in this post and how, yes, it is a real thing.
As you all know, a big part of the Silk Roadistan tour was the big bad Trans-Mongolian railway journey. Before you ask: Yes, it was awesome. I plan to blog thoroughly about the trip in detail, but just to get you caught up, here is the atypical Trans-Mongolian railway route.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Melissa Adams: Ok, you've convinced me. I'm never going Down Un...
- Megan: I love it when people love Tassie. The North-West ...
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...