Thinking about teaching English with AEC in Ukraine, but have questions? Here is why I have trouble answering the ones about pay.
Archive | Ukraine RSS feed for this section
Sliced oranges, banana halves and apples were all dropped on the table by Ukrainian friends, and she couldn’t help but comment on the fact that this is the exact type of thing you *should* be eating when imbibing alcohol. I, on the other hand, couldn’t help but think how bad I wanted some salted peanuts, some cheesy nachos and some spicy salsa to go with my drinks. Is this a cultural thing?
Teaching English was quite a worthwhile experience on more than just a financial level and the opportunity to live abroad. I really loved how it helped me get in touch with locals during my travels.
I am quite happy now that I forced myself to take the big camera out for one of my daily walks because I really think I captured a bit of the vibe that goes with living in a former Soviet country.
I get quite a few emails asking me about how I got my job teaching English in Ukraine, so now is as good a time as ever to divulge my lovely bits of insider information. If you happen to be one of those interested in an extended immersion into this former Soviet country, then listen up!
I never thought … Read more
Who do I know that you know?… Read more Normally, I wouldn’t think to ask this question except there have now been several — almost freaky — incidents where I’ve come to meet someone in some random part of the world to find out they have encountered someone I know. It is a small freakin’ world, people, and the more I travel,
Did you know that I’m taking a photo and writing a blog post for every day of my 2011?! Subscribe to my feed to follow along.… Read more
If history repeats itself, I’m in trouble.
There seems to be an ongoing trend that if I buy a guitar because I think I’m going be living somewhere for a while, I actually end
Just like everyone in Seinfeld congregated at the diner, and everyone from How I Met Your Mother met up at the pub, I, too, seem to seek out a common hangout that I can use to meet up with friends. It turns out that I’ve had several favorite hangouts now all over the world… Read more — all places that allowed for
Being January 1st, your assumptions that I have a massive New Year’s headache and want nothing more than a slurpee and movies on the computer to make me happy are correct. Still, I’m in a reflective mood despite my current situation. It struck me that last night was my 4th consecutive year abroad for New Year’s Eve, and I wonder … Read more
You travel. You meet people. You leave. You leave new friends.
A little over a week ago, I received a Facebook message from a girl I taught with in Ukraine. The message was also addressed to many other teachers that had come and gone the same route as we had. She brought up an interesting idea — to all take… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...