Coffee, nature, tipping, shipping, online shopping and overall lifestyle — I go through where Australia wins in my expat mind.
Archive | USA RSS feed for this section
It is one thing to evaluate prices for accommodation and travel in general relative to the area you are traveling in, but it is another to evaluate those in relation to the cost of living at home. I now perceive budget travel differently after living in Australia.
While out and about in Waikiki, I wanted to portray to my followers what life actually looked like through the lenses of these shades, and then it hit me!
Not too long before my trip to the States, I was contacted by the lovely people at Get Your Guide (a tour booking site) who wanted to offer a tour to me while out and about. When they gave me a list of options for Hawaii, and said list had SHARK CAGE DIVING on it, I was able to stop reading at that exact moment.
As you all know, applying for the Australian partner visa has been a huge topic on my blog, and also a subject of interest for many of those reading. A little over 2 years ago, I put in my huge stack of papers for the initial process.
As you know, one of the major stops on my trip to the USA was Hawaii’s beautiful island of Oahu. I stopped there twice, on the way to the mainland and on the way back, but I gotta admit, the weather wasn’t as bright and shiny as I was hoping.
I vlogged my experience on feeling awkwardly solo in Waikiki on my first stop. On my return stop, luckily, I felt much better. Why, you ask? C’mon, like I’m going to tell you that right here silly.
I thought I was going to have a luggage “explosion” after my trip home, but it was only a very heavy expansion. Thank goodness I brought a bag that can go all the way to 60 liters if need be!
When you’re an American expat living in Australia, there is one thing I know when it comes to packing for a trip home to the USA. Yes, you’re going to take clothing for the exact opposite season. And, yes, you’re going to probably not travel as much like a backpacker. But, neither of those are it. My biggest and most important tip for packing for the USA is…
I paid a visit to the Maui Jim Australia office today, but why, oh why, did I do that? It might have something to do with them producing top-of-the-line sunglasses, and a little something else…
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...