The FedEx package arrived today that contained my crispy-clean Kyrgyz visa. I grabbed the envelope like it was Christmas morning, only to find a huge black fly in my Chardonnay. I stated before that I was specifically told by the language school to not get a tourist visa… Read more, and after multiple attempts at contacting the Kyrgyz Embassy, I found
I spent most of the day upgrading my website. I was running an older version of wordpress for this blog because I wanted to use the fold page list plugin (it didn’t like the newer versions we tried before). Luckily, I found the collapsing page menu plugin from sporkfancier.com… Read more. It does basically the same thing, but lacks the ability
Now that I’m home, I’m making plans for future travels, which you can tell from the Upcoming Travel section on the right sidebar are quite interesting. I’m planning on spending 3-4 months in Kyrgyzstan taking Russian lessons, and, of course, that requires a visa. However, a simple task was definitely more difficult than it should have been, and here’s why:… Read more
No more human pin cushion for me – I finished my vaccinations today! Brian also got the last of his hepatitis this week. Yay, Guatemala, here we come!
Now we just need to look into malaria pills. I don’t think we’ll need them for our plans in Guatemala, but better safe than sorry (we could need them for remote areas).… Read more
In prehistoric times, the island of Menorca was populated by the Taliotic people. When the Romans came, they recruited these Taliotic people to fight for them as slingers. How exactly do you compensate or convince a society that doesn’t deal in any sort of monetary values to fight for you?…
…women. You offer to pay the men with more women.… Read more
The Danish hand surgeon I sat next to on the flight over to Spain told me I’d have friends for life after a trip like this abroad. At the time, I didn’t know what the dig would be like, and who else would be crazy enough to end up at the remote island of Menorca for a month in October… Read more
Well you may know from “The Sick Room” that I might be a little upset with a certain cook/housekeeper named Juana. I can’t say I had fond feelings for her before the whole “spread the sickness” incident, but after… after was the time when pleasantries were thrown out the window. It felt like war: Brooke vs. Juana… Read more.
I am finally adjusted to life back home, but still have a few stories to tell of my adventures in Spain. Here is a little piece on why I was fearing not making if off the island – the Tramuntana winds.
From day one we were told about the Tramuntana winds that can pound the island – stopping all work… Read more
Can’t believe that my time is about up! I leave tomorrow for Barcelona, and then on the 1st for home. I have many stories to tell, but since I haven’t been feeling well (again) they will have to wait ’til I’m back in the states. I hope that the Tramuntana winds let my plane take off tomorrow! Just getting to… Read more
I now classify our room as the sick room since each girl seems to go down for a day or two as of recently with some ailment. It all started about a week ago when Lia spent 2 days in bed after what we initially thought was a hangover. The funny part is that Lia, being Canadian, knows how to… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...