There are plenty of things in this world that I just won’t try, no matter how thrilling they seem, such as skydiving or bungee jumping or base jumping. So, I’m not going to say the stereotypical comment of, “I went to Queensland and threw myself out of a plane.” Nope, that is not the experience I am talking about.
Tag Archives | august 2011
Yesterday was a day of rainforest adventures, leading me to the lovely little village of Kuranda. Kuranda on its own is a cute little place to visit with shops, cafes, markets, a butterfly sanctuary and other goodies to pass the time, but the real draw, in my opinion, is simply getting there and back.
My disposition towards the weather in Sydney as of late is not something I’ve hidden from you, my readers. I would also say that my dislike for Sydney winter (relatively speaking) has also been mentioned, which is why I was so damn excited to make a winter getaway up to north Queensland in Australia courtesy of Tourism Queensland.
About a year ago now, Pat and I went for a little road trip in a Jucy Campervan to Sydney’s south coast area and surrounds. It was just about a week of fun together, or at least that’s how we planned it. The sun was going to be shining, Pat would hop out and fish from time to time, and… Read more
You take your time carefully saving and planning for every aspect of a journey; you apply for your visas weeks in advance. Every moment of freedom is longed for… for… days? weeks? months? YEARS? And then, suddenly, it’s over.
In the grand scheme of things, I haven’t really had this hit me too hard… Read more with my travels mainly because my
Frozen drink items like Slurpees and Frozen Cokes are really popular Down Under, or at least they’re popular with my boyfriend in particular. I’m the type of person that would rather have a Big Gulp, but not because I can drink the whole thing. I like the value… and the soda.
But, Slurpees are definitely growing on me, and as… Read more
As much as I love Sydney’s mild winters… Read more, I’m really, really, really growing tired of this winter season down under. Is it just me, or does it feel colder, wetter and drearier than those in the recent past? I feel as though it has been raining for the past two weeks, and wait… I thought Australia was a dry
It’s been agonizing getting to this point in the camera situation… Read more. At one point, I thought I wanted the compact SLR camera with interchangeable lenses, and at another, I thought I wanted the plain old point and shoot. One day, I refused to give up the option of additional lenses, but the next, I was firm on having the
In the past year, I’ve learned a lot about pitching, more specifically about pitching article topics to various websites. While I still find the process one of the most frustrating when I’m just lacking any new ideas, it has become a whole heck of a lot easier, which is great considering it is part of the way I make some… Read more
You can learn a lot by reading the guest posts I’ve written about Bishkek around the Web. Combined with articles on BvtW, you’ve got yourself a Bishkek resource.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Melissa Adams: Ok, you've convinced me. I'm never going Down Un...
- Megan: I love it when people love Tassie. The North-West ...
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...