Someone might not be very happy with me for putting this up, but I think it’s hilarious. After going through my photos today, this is the post I came up with. Enjoy!
Tag Archives | Bishkek
I might consider myself a little bit anal when it comes to packing, but I explain why in this new vlog. Yes, I made a video so you can see my face and hear my voice. I hope I don’t disappoint!
Because Pat was looking all scrubby after a month on the road, I had to get roped in, too.
My realization on why I may love Bishkek so much. When put into perspective, Bishkek is a modern, easy-going Central Asian city. I just didn’t know how much until we hit Kashgar in the west of China.
If you’re a lucky traveler heading over to Central Asia — Kyrgyzstan in particular — you might want to read this review of a hostel in Bishkek. Rodem House has several options for travelers in a clean environment and good location.
I get this question a lot, and it is not the easiest to answer… because Kyrgyzstan is a different place. You don’t really go there to see a huge, popular monument, and you don’t go to walk around all day in a famous museum.
Central Asia, the lands of the ancient Silk Road, and the route of much trade, war, and magic, has been my obsession for a long time — only I haven’t explored that much of it beyond my beloved Kyrgyzstan… until now.
So, I sent Pat to get a loaf of bread for breakfast — only I didn’t send him to the big grocery store down the street where everything is easy to grab. I sent him to the little convenience stand in our complex where you basically have to talk to the worker, or point as I expected would be the case.
In this post, I break down the numbers involved in taking intensive Russian language lessons in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Even with food, travel and accommodation, the price is no contest. Seriously, have a read and be inspired!
Bishkek as a travel destination. In some ways it’s great; in others it is severely lacking. Overall, I love traveling to Bishkek, but there are some factors you should know about — some of which I cover in this post.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...