Pat and I wandered into Bahaus at maybe 8 am — much too early to check in, but we were still able to store our bags and enjoy the Turkish breakfast upstairs. That was when I knew that Bahaus was cool.
Tag Archives | blogsherpa
One of the best experiences I had on my past visit to Kyrgyzstan was being able to get up close and personal with Kyrgyz eagle hunters. Kyrgyz men have been hunting with eagles for 6,000 years.
The Aya Sofia is one of Istanbul’s most prominent attractions. I had no idea, however, that it would be so big… or so awe-inspiring. Rather than try to fill this page with a huge list of cliches and overused expressions, I figured I’d let the images do the talking for me. Enjoy!
In the small sleepy town of Trakai, there lies the island castle that dates back to the 14th century. This castle makes my Friday dream travel destination.
On Saturday, I got to meet up with two Melbourne residents who have just started their round-the-world trip here in Sydney: Amy and Kieron of Don’t Ever Look Back.
Pat and I caught up with them, along with Caroline… Read more and Tommy, over at the Edinburgh Castle on Pitt Street. It was my first time to the Edinburgh Castle, and
So I’ve been in Sydney for 3 winters now, and this one was the first that I actually made it out to the Good Food & Wine Show. It could be that I was in New Zealand doing visa renewal runs… Read more before, or maybe I just didn’t care (I’m not really a foodie). Either way, I’m glad I finally went
There’s been nothing quite like the good ol’ American holiday of July 4th to bring out the homesickness in just about every American abroad I know. Talking about barbecues and fireworks has taken over my blog feed lately, but I’ll tell you what, the homesickness factor became apparent in my local circle of friends a little sooner than that.
And… Read more
If you asked me now what the most important part of my body is when it comes to being in good physical condition, I would have to say feet since I’ve had so many issues lately. I used to think that having a good knee was all I wanted, and the back seems to throw everything out of whack if… Read more
You can’t spend a month somewhere, especially on a tiny little island, without storing away a piece of it in your heart forever.
In October of 2007, I spent an entire month on the island of Menorca taking part in an archaeological dig… Read more. It was awesome, all the archeology things I learned, and the history was the top-off since
There are some things about Australia that I can’t quite handle on a regular basis. One such thing is also the reason I will never, ever, ever, EVER leave the windows down in a car in this country when I’m not driving.
We got a little reminder of that reason last night when we were driving the car home from… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...