I am a solo female traveler. As such, I completely understand that it is not everyone’s idea of a holiday/ adventure experience, but I feel more comfortable and safe when traveling as part of an organized tour. I found the tour I wanted, but being a thrifty traveler, I didn’t pay full price and here’s how I did it.
Tag Archives | fellow rtw travelers
There are a surprising number of people in my life that have trouble flying because of anxiety — or won’t even fly at all. This post shares some personal stories of those who have been able to fly regardless of their fears and anxiety. Have a read for some inspiration.
I made my way to Belmore Park in Sydney where I met up with a few dozen other travel lovers to take part in the Great Nomads Chase, sponsored by World Nomads. To be honest, I, along with many of my mates, didn’t know what exactly was in store for us. We waited in anticipation for the instructions to be released and the games to begin!
On Saturday, I got to meet up with two Melbourne residents who have just started their round-the-world trip here in Sydney: Amy and Kieron of Don’t Ever Look Back.
Pat and I caught up with them, along with Caroline… Read more and Tommy, over at the Edinburgh Castle on Pitt Street. It was my first time to the Edinburgh Castle, and
I’m a little upset with myself for not having daily photos for most of the past 2 weeks, but in the meantime I’m going to fill those in with stories and photos from my recent trips.… Read more
For months in advance of our America trip, I was constantly telling Patrick, “Oh, you just wait until you see how cheap it is
I sometimes find it a little embarrassing to admit to people that I have never been to California before. Sure, I’ve lived in K-stan and Down Under, and even Ukraine… Read more, but California I had never stepped foot in until this past week. Amazing.
Since I hadn’t been, I thought that a little sampler plate would be the way
With the technological state that the world is in, it feels like it is pretty much impossible to do anything unique. Whether or not it is true, I feel as though it’s easy to “steal” someone else’s idea — and it may happen to me all the time. How frustrating is it to feel like you’ve done something unique, or… Read more
Who do I know that you know?… Read more Normally, I wouldn’t think to ask this question except there have now been several — almost freaky — incidents where I’ve come to meet someone in some random part of the world to find out they have encountered someone I know. It is a small freakin’ world, people, and the more I travel,
Did you know that I’m taking a photo and writing a blog post for every day of my 2011?! Subscribe to my feed to follow along.
Tuesday night has now turned into trivia night at the Greengate Hotel (across the street from our apartment), and tonight was one that was accompanied by a fellow travel blogger, Tony of It’s Good … Read more
I wouldn’t say there is a huge number of Americans in Sydney at any given time, at least not in comparison to the other nationalities that populate this part of the world. For some reason, though, I do seem to find and hang out with more than a few.
I’m not one to think that I must hang out with… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...