I asked my Facebook friends what their most crazy and/or awkward hostel encounters were, and these are the horror stories they came up with!
Tag Archives | hostel
Where have you found your favorite hostel art? In this post, I share a hostel with some of my favorite hostel art, and then ask for you to show me yours.
You’d wander around the town wearing yourself down with the trials — like those listed above — and then walk through the big green doors for the Kashgar Old Town Youth Hostel and immediately feel at ease.
Would you like to sink into your bed in a dorm like this? You can, in St. Petersburg, at my new favorite hostel: Soul Kitchen Jr. Check out the photo essay post for more insight into this brand new, luxury hostel.
… Read more
Topped with a dollop of smetana and a smathering of dill, this traditional borscht soup recipe was brought to you by the 3 Russian ladies at the 8th Floor Hostel in Tomsk — all 3 of which slaved away for hours in the kitchen to give us foreigners a taste of the real deal.
Hostels of the world, I love you all for who you are, but when it comes to Soul Kitchen Jr., there is just no way for me to not gush forth oodles of “bests” and “favorites”.
If you’re a lucky traveler heading over to Central Asia — Kyrgyzstan in particular — you might want to read this review of a hostel in Bishkek. Rodem House has several options for travelers in a clean environment and good location.
When wanting to get closer to Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Hostelworld put us in touch with Cheers Hostel. After evaluating the hostel, we have to admit that Cheers is a friendly and memorable hostel that we’d love to stay at again and again.
We told Hostelworld that we wanted to head south of Istanbul to Canakkale so we could explore both Troy and Gallipoli. Hostelworld matched up our plans and set us up with a stay at the Anzac Hotel, right in the downtown of Canakkale.
Pat and I wandered into Bahaus at maybe 8 am — much too early to check in, but we were still able to store our bags and enjoy the Turkish breakfast upstairs. That was when I knew that Bahaus was cool.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- Hostel Horror Stories January 7, 2013
- That’s a Good Dutch Name June 19, 2013
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Caz Makepeace: Oh yes! Totally understand all this. I think the 2...
- Lauren: I'm so sad I missed that cookie cake...This is a ...
- Tash: Ahhh, sounds like just the right about of musing f...
- Sam: An excellent post, and one I can related to a bit....
- Brooke: Thanks Laurel! We're still not sure of our itine...