Most of us live lives of routine, and that routine makes it so we never really forget what day of the week it is. Monday is awful, always; Fridays are a write-off; the weekends… we live for the weekends. And Sunday, well, it can be hit or miss. I used to live in a world of routine where Sunday was… Read more
Tag Archives | July 2011
While the majority of the USA has been sweltering in hotter than hot weather, I’ve been freezing in the land Down Under. And, that makes even less sense since it really doesn’t get to freezing temperatures! I know, it’s strange, and probably just all relative. I’ve been sitting in front of a space heater for the past few weeks until… Read more
In the small sleepy town of Trakai, there lies the island castle that dates back to the 14th century. This castle makes my Friday dream travel destination.
Or, maybe what I meant to say is that I’m traveling massively to get to them? Yes, that works, too, given our lengthy bus and train combo to now make it into Sydney city, but what I was really talking about was learning of how Travel Massive is spreading throughout the world.
Word had it, while mingling at the Sydney… Read more
As we’re just nearing the end of the month, I thought it would be a good time to talk about my thrifty travel ebook because 1) there are just a few short days to submit (last call!) and 2)… Read more they are awesome and making my day(s)!
Receiving these thrifty posts that other travelers are putting together because they were inspired
It only takes one kind person on our travels to take a crappy experience and turn it around. It’s because of those people, the nice ones that go out of their way, that we find our hostels or are helped to find the right bus when the other ones would otherwise take us to the middle of nowhere.
I remember… Read more
My language difficulties on the way to the Kazakh Embassy in Bishkek helped me learn. Mistakes make for the best way to remember something in the future.
On the way home from our usual weekend stop at the Little Gem Cafe in Gordon, Pat and I stopped off at Harvey Norman to pick up some ink cartridges for the printer. Inside, I got to looking at the camera section because I’ve been feeling really frustrated with my camera options — well, actually for quite some time.
In… Read more
On Saturday, I got to meet up with two Melbourne residents who have just started their round-the-world trip here in Sydney: Amy and Kieron of Don’t Ever Look Back.
Pat and I caught up with them, along with Caroline… Read more and Tommy, over at the Edinburgh Castle on Pitt Street. It was my first time to the Edinburgh Castle, and
It’s not easy keeping up with all that goes on in my writing world. Heck, I can barely keep up with it myself! That’s why it is good to just sometimes put some of the highlights into one place, and that brings us to this post:
Her Packing List
Packable Exercise Equipment to Take RTW… Read more: Can you really take
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Melissa Adams: Ok, you've convinced me. I'm never going Down Un...
- Megan: I love it when people love Tassie. The North-West ...
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...