You’d wander around the town wearing yourself down with the trials — like those listed above — and then walk through the big green doors for the Kashgar Old Town Youth Hostel and immediately feel at ease.
Tag Archives | Kashgar
My realization on why I may love Bishkek so much. When put into perspective, Bishkek is a modern, easy-going Central Asian city. I just didn’t know how much until we hit Kashgar in the west of China.
This photo doesn’t depict the actual chaos that I felt on the streets of Kashgar (it doesn’t show the hundred silent scooters on the sidewalk), but it does highlight my slightly orange hair and my Travel Massive shirt quite well. Ever been to Kashgar?… Read more
Instead of flying from Kyrgyzstan to China towards the end of May, Pat and I thought we’d try a more adventurous path of crossing borders: the Torugart Pass. We could have saved about 8 hours by flying, but this was just more exciting.
Western China is a difficult place to travel if you don’t know Chinese… or Uyghur. Either way, it’s all super foreign and we have some hilarious adventures because of it. Read on to discover a few of our most recent!
Central Asia, the lands of the ancient Silk Road, and the route of much trade, war, and magic, has been my obsession for a long time — only I haven’t explored that much of it beyond my beloved Kyrgyzstan… until now.
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...