In this post I take a personal journey down the road of things learned about Russian language learning. What words can I just not say right? How much more can I complain about the absurdity that is Russian? You’ll have to read to find out!
Tag Archives | language school
And we’re done, people! I told my teachers that I surprised myself during my final week of lessons. Big improvement from the week before, thanks to finally getting good sleep and no longer being ill.
Learning Russian is a tough process! What do I do to keep my morale going strong? I focus on the small gains. This week’s small gain involves… well… I’m sure you can guess!
I have studied many languages now in my time, but I have yet to master any of them. Latin in high school was not about speaking. Italian was learned in college, but I was never good at conversing. Spanish in Guatemala was a small triumph when I found myself booking tours and arguing with people without thinking too hard by the end of it. But Russian…
More about the London School in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Questions asked by readers looking for help on this Central Asian school are answered.
With language lessons, I was forced to be introduced to a culture each and everyday. Our teachers would take us out to excursions, and share their family dishes. It was easy because it was part of the program, so that meant there wasn’t any awkward breaking the ice that would come with finding randoms on the street.
I get quite a few emails asking me about The London School in Bishkek. In case you were wondering, Bishkek is in Kyrgyzstan, and The London School in Bishkek is actually a fantastic little language school there – yes, a REAL place!
When I was first searching for things I could do in Kyrgyzstan… Read more, I got the idea
When a language is just so different from your native tongue, the best thing you can do is to forget about any preconceived notions you have about language structure and just attempt to learn it like a child.
I learned my lesson the hard way… Read more – by spending countless portions of class time hounding my poor teachers as to why
I have to apologize again for the late post. I was tagged a while ago now by Michael of The Mobile Lawyer blog to make a post on all the avoidable mistakes I’ve made in order to help others out in their travels.
… Read moreWell, the reason it took me so long is because I just couldn’t think of much! For
One of the perks of being involved with a language school is meeting all the interesting people that come and go. We have a nice little community of people to hang out with, which also opens the door for meeting other Kyrgyz families. This week, Ryan and I were invited over to Jamie’s host family’s “mansion” for a typical dinner… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...