Going to Perth and not going to Rottnest Island, to me, is like going to Paris and not visiting the Eiffel Tower. It’s one of those places that makes up Australia and speaks of this country’s natural splendor. After arriving for an afternoon adventure on day 90, I immediately saw resemblances to both Fraser Island and Magnetic Island, and that… Read more
Tag Archives | March 2011
Swimming with dolphins isn’t something I ever really considered in the past, but coming to Australia has really put my nature-loving side out there, and by out there I mean that I have a bit more of it than normal. Animals are now a focal point for me when I travel, and I blame it on those darn little rock … Read more
Did you know that I’m taking a photo and writing a blog post for every day of my 2011?! Subscribe via email to follow along and never miss a post.… Read more
I had heard about the awesome sunsets that come over on this side of the country right on the Indian Ocean. On day 88, while in Perth, I took a
I about had a spaz out a couple weeks ago when I received a message on Twitter from Adam. I was tweeting if anybody wanted to meet up for coffee when I was in Perth, and surprisingly Adam responded that it was a possibility. What a coincidence!
Adam and Heather… Read more, two people I know from Sydney, have been campervan
I don’t know if I knew exactly what I was getting myself into yesterday when I signed up for a brewery tour of the Swan Valley. Yes, you heard me right, a brewery tour. Everyone – when it comes to Perth’s nearby Swan Valley – always raves about the wine country there, but in actually, there is just so much… Read more
I got off the train today. After a 65 hour journey from the Pacific to the Indian Ocean, I picked up my cute little piece of luggage… Read more and waved bye to my little train manager and headed on my way into the unknown land of Perth. The whole process of getting to where I was going wasn’t a difficult one
I awoke extremely early in the morning to nothing but faint outlines of trees and bushes showing through the slight glimmer of morning light. It was captivating; I was so sleepy, and my body wanted nothing more than to go back to dreaming, but I just couldn’t get myself to take
I’m a backpack sort of girl, so much so that I can’t even remember the last time I used “real” luggage for a trip. Sometimes, I look at little rolling suitcases and laugh. “Ha! What a nightmare that must be to get through the streets, along sidewalks, over bumps and humps and gaps.” Other times, I’m at a loss when… Read more
Want to have a super cool travel blog that makes you Internet famous, gets you free stuff and also contributes to your income, or perhaps all of it?
Don’t we all…… Read more
When I first started in this blogging game, I did it to share my passion with the world. It had a purpose of its own, but I never really
So, last week I was working on my taxes and feeling like I was in a dark fog since the records I kept weren’t as accurate as I would have liked. What I’m really referring to is my lack of receipts – especially those I know I had, like the cost to get the Auto Barn Wagon… Read more cleaned after the
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...