While out and about in Waikiki, I wanted to portray to my followers what life actually looked like through the lenses of these shades, and then it hit me!
Tag Archives | photography
For the past few days, I have enjoyed walking the streets of Tomsk, Russia. The wooden lace architecture fills them with both colour and a feeling of rustic beauty — and some with a worry of whether or not the building is about to fall onto itself at any moment!
I will always be American no matter where I am in the world. But, after 3 years in Australia, and 3 years of being with an Aussie guy, I don’t really flinch when people ask me, “How ya going?” I’m in a weird place, and that’s kind of what I wanted to portray in the LAST ROUND of the Canon Island Blogger Competition.
Photoshop was not involved in the making of this photo. If you’d like to know how the magic happened, read on. You might even be a bit impressed.
Big news! After round 1 of the Canon Island Blogger Photo Contest, the one where only 5 bloggers have been chosen to compete for a chance to visit Canon Island in March, I’m in the lead! See what I have picked for round 2!
Kyrgyzstan is a country with a unique landscape. It is composed of 94% mountains while the rest of it can sometimes resemble the steppe or even Mars. Here are some photos I took while on a ride out towards Lake Issyk-Kul.
I’ve been chosen as 1 of 5 bloggers competing in the Canon Island Bloggers Photo Competition, courtesy of Canon Australia. This is my first photo submission for “Urban Island”. Find out what I chose, and head over and give me a vote!
I was able to partner with Easy Canvas Prints for a travel photo contest on Brooke vs. the World this month. Check inside to see my top picks, as well as the winner!
Not too long ago, I was approached by Easy Canvas Prints who were offering a free print in return for a review on my site. Instead of taking the free Easy Canvas Print for myself, I thought I’d give it to one of you!
Yesterday, I blogged about the new travel photography ebook from Beers and Beans… Read more — and I ranted and raved about it. For $9.99, I honestly think you can’t get a better starter photography book than this, and one that has the traveler in mind, as well.
To further prove my point, I decided to put some of the food photo
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...