Sorry to keep everyone in suspense for so long, but here is the outcome of the incident where I left our passports on a train in Sydney! It was not my proudest moment in the least. Maybe next time I should put them in a money belt.
Tag Archives | Russia
This is the story of one of my worst rookie mistakes. Just yesterday, I set off in the morning (yes, I actually left the apartment) to visit the Russian Consulate in Sydney. With only a month to go before I hit the road for 3.5 months, I need to get this visa process going… and fast.
Before heading to Chicago, I caught wind of a restaurant that serves up Russian food — one that is also run by an Uzbek chef. Uhm… Central Asian influenced Russian food? Pat knew this was immediately going to be on our itinerary. And he was right.
Tick, tick, tick… that’s the sound of my internal travel clock ticking. Tick, tick, tick.
… Read moreWhen I’ve been settled for a while, it seems as though my internal travel clock starts screaming at me to make some plans involving far-flung places. I sometimes envy people who are satisfied with the status quo as they don’t have to deal with the
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- Hostel Horror Stories January 7, 2013
- Toilet Adventures on the Silk Roadistan Tour October 15, 2012
- Plane Outfits: What do YOU wear on a long flight? October 22, 2012
- Omani Food and Drink: Sensory Delights Await August 18, 2013
- The Fragrant Lifestyle of Oman: Perfumery August 7, 2013
- That’s a Good Dutch Name June 19, 2013
- 30s Travel June 14, 2013
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- Arianwen: You're four days older than me! I hated the fact ...
- Robert: Well my last name is Roach. Where do you think th...
- joanne: lovely blog. I have a similar story, it's so nice...
- Ariana: The view from the Red Gum Lounge is fantastic! And...
- Kellie @ The Fundamental Alchemist: Glad to find this. Increasingly tempted by this co...