I asked my Facebook friends what their most crazy and/or awkward hostel encounters were, and these are the horror stories they came up with!
Tag Archives | scary
Our first taxi driver from the airport to Bahaus Hostel shocked us, but in a good way. His care at every turn along with controlled speed made the trip on Easter Sunday morning — in completely desolate roads — something on par with sightseeing. Perhaps for a minute I thought Turkey had learned to drive in the few months since my departure in October.
When you travel in a country that is well-known for bad driving — notorious for it even — you might start to worry as soon as your taxi driver decides to answer his phone while driving at 80mph. Turkey is one of the most dangerous driving countries in the world. Here are my experiences from just 4 days in Istanbul.
There are some things about Australia that I can’t quite handle on a regular basis. One such thing is also the reason I will never, ever, ever, EVER leave the windows down in a car in this country when I’m not driving.
We got a little reminder of that reason last night when we were driving the car home from… Read more
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.
Carl Hoffman, you must have outdone yourself on this one. Seeking out the world’s most dangerous forms of transportation while traveling to some of the craziest places? Please sir, give me more; this is by far the most outrageous RTW trip… Read more anyone has ever attempted.
Rightfully named The Lunatic Express, Carl basically went on
Thanks to a lovely reader, Brian, I found out that I had an adorable little elephant weevil… Read more in my apartment last week… That AND a dirty little bastard of a cockroach that viciously attacked me and made me scream like a little girl. YEAH, well who’s laughing now?! Anyways, it was not only a day later that I was walking
What is this?! Look at it… What the hell is this bug?! And, why the freak is it in my apartment?! Gar.
I hate bugs more than anything. Highest on that list are spiders, and that sometimes reaches a level of irrational fear. But, any buggy type thing will do it to me. I came home from work last night… Read more
I shot some hardcore, badass guns while in Vilnius, Lithuana last year. Besides the memories, photos and videos, I managed to keep my targets, which is a good thing because keeping the bullet shells… Read more resulted in a seriously awkward situation (and they had to go).
As you can tell, I’m a pretty accurate shot… kind of a natural. Since I
We found ourselves in Copan Ruinas, Honduras around Valentine’s Day and decided to splurge on a nice place and dinner for the occasion. There’s a nice hacienda with 8 rooms scattered about just outside town that prepares gourmet food and runs mainly by candlelight. It’s a complete luxury style bed and breakfast in a rural Honduras setting.
We had a… Read more
After much deliberation, we decided our next stop after Tikal was Rio Dulce. We made our way in the morning to the place in Flores where the guidebook says is a bus stop, but in actuality it is just a travel agency that buys a ticket for you for the bus station in Santa Elena.
The only reason we decided… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Melissa Adams: Ok, you've convinced me. I'm never going Down Un...
- Megan: I love it when people love Tassie. The North-West ...
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...