I can’t believe it is already the last day of the month of September! October starts tomorrow and that is a time in Australia when more and more individuals find themselves outdoors. But I’m heading out towards the end of the month, on a trip I am both excited and nervous about.
Tag Archives | September 2011
Patience has never been one of my virtues. Even as a kid I wanted immediate action and immediate satisfaction. What? You want me to wait until another day to go buy a new favorite toy? I’m not doing anything, and you’re not doing anything… let’s go now. It’s just the way I’ve always been, and it is a quality that… Read more
I was the lucky recipient of a new Ford Focus test drive for a week that ended this Monday. Read more about the fun places this car took me around Sydney during my week (beaches, beaches, beaches!), as well as my thoughts on some of the great, high-tech features inside!
On Monday I was given a nice little gift: A new Ford Focus was dropped off at my front door with a full tank of gas and the ability to go wherever I want for an entire week!
SWEET!… Read more
So, I’ve been driving around town, going to the shops, picking Pat up from the station, going cruising to places like
I’ve never been to Thailand, so I would enjoy a couple tips for things to do in Bangkok during my 32 hour stop. Looking for tips on places to stay, things to see and where to eat.
What does travel mean to you?
In light of yesterday’s post on my work from home life… Read more, I thought today would be a good day to talk about how I got here.
Without ever starting my big travel life, I might still be in Peoria, Illinois working in the IT Help Desk at Caterpillar. Ok, so probably not;
The reality of the work from home life (of a freelancer/blogger) is more like you work your bum off or you don’t make any money. I probably work twice as much in my self-employed life than I ever did in a real job, and there have been many challenges to overcome in order to make it a viable income source.
… Read more
After all my whining about the chilly Sydney weather, the days filled with rain and dreary overcast skies, finally, the weather appears to be shaping up to the typical spring warmth one might expect when talking about Australia. Sunday was a day filled with lounging at the park, shopping, grabbing a coffee at Little Gem Cafe and heading over to
If you could travel with anyone, who would it be?
I set aside a small chunk of my Saturday for putting together a group of travel mates for the new Tourism Australia contest/campaign.
Hearing about the new campaign was how I started my morning on day 259… Read more. A few other bloggers and I were invited to hear the news
I made my way to Belmore Park in Sydney where I met up with a few dozen other travel lovers to take part in the Great Nomads Chase, sponsored by World Nomads. To be honest, I, along with many of my mates, didn’t know what exactly was in store for us. We waited in anticipation for the instructions to be released and the games to begin!
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...