There’s something about Vegas… What would you say that is? The feeling of forgetting reality for a few days. The indulgence as you partake in buffets of tummy-filling, belt-loosening food. Pat and I got that vibe again a week ago.
Tag Archives | Sydney
It is one thing to evaluate prices for accommodation and travel in general relative to the area you are traveling in, but it is another to evaluate those in relation to the cost of living at home. I now perceive budget travel differently after living in Australia.
I’ll probably be on a jet plane leaving Bishkek… or more specifically… on a very long layover in Istanbul. More or less, Pat and I will be starting the long journey home — to Sydney.
This is the story of one of my worst rookie mistakes. Just yesterday, I set off in the morning (yes, I actually left the apartment) to visit the Russian Consulate in Sydney. With only a month to go before I hit the road for 3.5 months, I need to get this visa process going… and fast.
I get emails all the time from people asking me where to stay in Sydney, so I think today’s post is going to kick off a new regular feature called “Sydney Sleeps”. First up: a review of the Cambridge Hotel in Surry Hills — a mix between young and old in a very convenient location.
Each year, Vivid Sydney lights up the city in art. Buildings become backdrops and colors are everywhere. This is a photo of a couple of friends walking towards the lights. If you like, share around!
… Read more
We finally, after over 4 kilometers of walking along moonlit paths further enhanced by the glowsticks on our bodies, reached a peaceful waterhole in the middle of practically nowhere — or at least that’s how it felt.
… Read more
After all my whining about the chilly Sydney weather, the days filled with rain and dreary overcast skies, finally, the weather appears to be shaping up to the typical spring warmth one might expect when talking about Australia. Sunday was a day filled with lounging at the park, shopping, grabbing a coffee at Little Gem Cafe and heading over to
My first real introduction with Malaysian food in Sydney occurred at Mamak a while back, and it has become a place I love to hit up for some reliable and tasty Malaysian to this day.
As part of the Malaysia Kitchen Blogger Ambassador… Read more program, Pat and I hit up Mamak last night before going out on the town. I think
So I’ve been in Sydney for 3 winters now, and this one was the first that I actually made it out to the Good Food & Wine Show. It could be that I was in New Zealand doing visa renewal runs… Read more before, or maybe I just didn’t care (I’m not really a foodie). Either way, I’m glad I finally went
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...