Thinking about teaching English with AEC in Ukraine, but have questions? Here is why I have trouble answering the ones about pay.
Tag Archives | teaching English
Teaching English was quite a worthwhile experience on more than just a financial level and the opportunity to live abroad. I really loved how it helped me get in touch with locals during my travels.
In line with yesterday’s post on how I got my teaching gig in Ukraine… Read more, I thought I’d take the time to talk about another great teaching opportunity I had after I arrived in Australia.
I had two goals when I arrived in Oz: get a place to stay and get a job. To do that, I scoured Gumtree for
I get quite a few emails asking me about how I got my job teaching English in Ukraine, so now is as good a time as ever to divulge my lovely bits of insider information. If you happen to be one of those interested in an extended immersion into this former Soviet country, then listen up!
I never thought … Read more
You travel. You meet people. You leave. You leave new friends.
A little over a week ago, I received a Facebook message from a girl I taught with in Ukraine. The message was also addressed to many other teachers that had come and gone the same route as we had. She brought up an interesting idea — to all take… Read more
I was sitting in my room in Ukraine when I started hearing my flatmate laughing pretty loudly. After it didn’t stop, I had to ask what was going on because who likes to be left out of a funny moment?
It turns out she was grading papers from her English students, and one student in particular was giving her quite… Read more
I’ve probably mentioned it before, but a large part of the English-speaking Western world actually believes that Americans don’t speak English. So, what exactly do we Americans speak? American!
Look, I’ll give it to the Brits that perhaps their English is the more proper and correct version. They did, after all, father the language. We Americans then took it and… Read more
Of course there are only a few gifts here, but I love them and will keep them forever. The majority in the photo are actually gifts I received from students in Ukraine (aren’t they sweet?!!). For New Year, my student – Marina – gave me the fridge magnet with the cow on it (the symbol for the new year) with… Read more
Now for the final part in the series of “Getting Caught Up” by Brooke vs. the World.
The Entrance:… Read more There’s a fishing town up north actually called The Entrance that a bunch of my friends here go to. Someone has a shack up there (basically a run-down tiny house) with loads of beds that everyone can sleep in, so it
I apologize for the delay in new posts. I’ve had every intention of posting updates, but whenever I thought about it, I was just too tired. Brooke has been super busy! I almost didn’t have time to remind myself to breathe, which is pretty scary, but let’s just say I’ve been busy for a reason. In the process, this is… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...