My mode of travel might be different from yours, but mine has been molded for a number of reasons: remote working, information retention, and health. Inside you’ll find out why I pick and choose my travel choices, and ultimately have to miss out on a number of activities along the way.
Tag Archives | travel plans
When I was fresh and new with just the idea of world travel filling my mind, I ALWAYS had the travel goosebumps. If I read about someone trekking through Nepal or going on safari in Africa, I was just so overwhelmed at the possibilities that I would often get the shivers.
I am thinking of Thursday. I am setting foot on a plane and starting the journey to Malaysia. I am calm. I relax, try to take a nap, have a little bottle of wine and maybe read a book. I am utterly calm.
That’s when I love travel. It was mentioned in my post on epic train journeys not being … Read more
Seeing how my boyfriend and I have such differing life goals… Read more at the moment, we are basically forced to make compromises, or at least try and think of compromises, in order for us both to be happy. I want to travel, long-term, to a gazillion places and some that most people wouldn’t consider. He wants to travel, but he really
I had a crazy dream the other night that my teeth were falling out. It was so distressing to have such a vivid memory of the feelings happening as my teeth started to get looser until finally they ended up in the palm of my hand. Stress. Anxiety… Read more. You name it, I felt it. It was only a dream,
Dealing with reality is a bummer sometimes.
I made that post about the top 10 countries I want to visit before I hit 30… Read more with a dream in mind. In order to think about a future goal as big as this, I have to put it down and let my mind I mull over it for quite some time. That
Tick, tick, tick… that’s the sound of my internal travel clock ticking. Tick, tick, tick.
… Read moreWhen I’ve been settled for a while, it seems as though my internal travel clock starts screaming at me to make some plans involving far-flung places. I sometimes envy people who are satisfied with the status quo as they don’t have to deal with the
I’m back in Sydney and finally getting myself settled and situated after my short hop over to New Zealand. I spent my time solely on the north of the north island on this trip – mainly because I was concerned I was going to have to make a doctor’s appointment to get my visa. Besides what I’ve already written, I… Read more
I changed my flight.
Remember how in my last visa post I talked about wondering if a week would be enough time? Well, I had to make a decision yesterday and I didn’t think it would be sufficient.
In spite of the research I had done asking many other people how long it took to get their working holiday visa… Read more
Ok, so in case you didn’t know, I am about to move to the Ukraine… for a year! If you asked me a year ago where I’d see myself in 2008, I don’t think I would have for a split second considered Kiev. But, a year later, a slowly dwindling bank account, and a better understanding of former Soviet culture… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Melissa Adams: Ok, you've convinced me. I'm never going Down Un...
- Megan: I love it when people love Tassie. The North-West ...
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...