When is the right time? Patrick told his boss quite early that we would be leaving, but could that have backfired on us? Share your thoughts and personal experiences in the comments!
Tag Archives | work
What does travel mean to you?
In light of yesterday’s post on my work from home life… Read more, I thought today would be a good day to talk about how I got here.
Without ever starting my big travel life, I might still be in Peoria, Illinois working in the IT Help Desk at Caterpillar. Ok, so probably not;
The reality of the work from home life (of a freelancer/blogger) is more like you work your bum off or you don’t make any money. I probably work twice as much in my self-employed life than I ever did in a real job, and there have been many challenges to overcome in order to make it a viable income source.
Now for the final part in the series of “Getting Caught Up” by Brooke vs. the World.
The Entrance:… Read more There’s a fishing town up north actually called The Entrance that a bunch of my friends here go to. Someone has a shack up there (basically a run-down tiny house) with loads of beds that everyone can sleep in, so it
Now continues the second part of the series “Getting Caught Up” by Brooke vs. the World.
Housewarming: … Read more In the meantime, the house that we shared a backyard with was broken into. The French and Italian housemates all decided that they didn’t feel so safe there anymore and went about renting a house of their own. They had a housewarming party
I apologize for the delay in new posts. I’ve had every intention of posting updates, but whenever I thought about it, I was just too tired. Brooke has been super busy! I almost didn’t have time to remind myself to breathe, which is pretty scary, but let’s just say I’ve been busy for a reason. In the process, this is… Read more
Upon arrival in Sydney, I had two goals: find a place and find a job. I started almost immediately with the job thinking I should know where I’m working before attempting to find a location to live. I quickly realized that task was difficult when living out of a backpack… in a hostel….
For me, hostel life was just not… Read more
I believe I told you all a while ago that I would be sharing more information about my working life… Read more here in Ukraine, so I have finally decided to make a post dedicated to doing just that.
For starters, my job is really not difficult. The Ukrainian teachers here focus on the grammar, while the American teachers focus on repeating
Hollllllllly cowwwwwwww! I have a job! After a whirlwind two weeks (that seriously felt like 2 months) of training, Brooke has officially become a paid-member of the teaching staff at an English language school in Kiev. Ahhh!
I’m definitely kind of excited. Yes, a paycheck would be nice. But… but… oooh I must admit, my mind is already asking, “Where… Read more
Ok, so in case you didn’t know, I am about to move to the Ukraine… for a year! If you asked me a year ago where I’d see myself in 2008, I don’t think I would have for a split second considered Kiev. But, a year later, a slowly dwindling bank account, and a better understanding of former Soviet culture… Read more
Brooke vs. the World
Subscribe For Adventure
- The $50 Christmas Wishlist Giveaway from Ciao Bella Travel [Ended] December 10, 2012
- Heaps… Would it bother you Heaps, if I typed it Heaps September 24, 2012
- A Candid Conversation About Kyrgyz Bride-napping July 23, 2012
- What Not to Leave on a Train March 8, 2012
- 3 Months of Giveaways for #FTU Members! [ended] August 13, 2012
- You Can’t Go to Oman Without Doing This May 1, 2013
- The Future of the Tasmanian Devil April 17, 2013
- The Sultanate of Oman: Opening Doors April 2, 2013
- Journey to the Edge of the World March 23, 2013
- Where Australia Wins March 9, 2013
- Marysia @ My Travel Affairs: Great pictures! I would add diving to your list! Y...
- Richard Crest: I envy you for having time to travel in that amazi...
- Yeity: Biatch make me a sandwhich! lol - our new catchph...
- Kristin of Be My Travel Muse: There's peanut buttery, banana goodness on the tr...
- Brooke: Seriously good time! Is Oman on your travel list a...