It’s sort of funny, but one of the touristy things you can do in the Baltic countries is shoot some bad-ass guns for fun. I had never really thought about using guns for fun before, but when I found out my friend who is working at a hostel in Vilnius, Lithuania (VB Sleep Inn) is actually in charge of taking groups on this sort of outing I thought I’d give it a try. And plus, how often in life do you ever really get a chance to unload a couple of rounds in ak-47s, uzis, and glocks?
It took about a week in order to get a group large enough to go, but finally, we did it. We were pumped! It was an awesome six-gun package that would make any gun enthusiast quiver: ak-47, uzi, m4, mp5, sig saur, and a glock. No one in the group had ever shot a gun before, so we were not aware of what would happen, and I can tell you that from the moment I heard the first gun fired, I was very terrified! But, I did it. I shot some truly deadly weapons – all of which left me shaking from both fright and excitement at the same time.
Some things I learned while shooting:
1) It is not easy! I don’t care how the people in the movies make it look, its no walk in the park! My arms were tired just from holding these heavy suckers up!
2) The Ak-47 has quite the kick back. I had a really crazy welt on my shoulder after 20 rounds in this gun.
3) Modern technology is my friend. Whenever the gun had a light target on it, I rocked it.
4) Gun powder is a hard taste to get rid of. My nose was black after shooting.
5) I would definitely recommend this to anyone!
Here is a little video I prepared of the outing, so sit back and enjoy!
Tickets to the Gun Show from Brooke Schoenman on Vimeo.